Please mark your
Thank you for making our First Annual Art In The Garden a success!
Entries in the show will be on display at ARTworks Vass through March 12th.
And The Winners Are...
Official Guidelines for Our First Year:
(Year 2 Guidelines Coming Soon!)
"Art In the Garden" will feature original artwork that's either been created onsite at Gulley's Garden Center, or been inspired by the natural beauty of the gardens there. An online album of more than one hundred inspirational photos that may be used for this purpose are also available on the ARTworks Vass Facebook Page, or by clicking the black and white button above these guidelines.
- Artists in all media are invited to participate.
- For two dimensional work, the outer dimensions of each piece should be a maximum size of 12 x 16 inches.
- For three dimensional work, the display size of each piece should measure less than 24 x 24 x 24 inches.
- Each piece entered in the show shall be ready for professional presentation when delivered.
- Each participant may enter up to two pieces for judging.
- Additional work, and work outside of the size parameters, will be considered individually for display and sale; although these pieces will not be eligible for awards. Please email email@example.com with images and a description of the work that you'd like to display and sell.
- Pieces that are "Not for Sale" may be entered into this show.
- The sale of all work entered in this show will be processed through ARTworks Vass at a consignment rate of 40%.
- Payment for work sold will be made on March 15th.
- There is no entry fee to participate.
- Six total People's Choice Awards will be presented.
- Three of these awards will be based on in person voting at the gallery on Friday, February 22nd, with voting opening at 11:00 am and closing at 8:00 pm.
- Three of these awards will be based on online voting via the ARTworks Vass Facebook Page, with voting opening on Thursday, February 21st at noon, and closing on Saturday, February 23rd at midnight.
- Results of all People's Choice Awards will be announced on Facebook and on this website on Monday, February 25th.
- Regional Artists may deliver their entries to ARTworks Vass between 11:00 and 4:00, Tuesday through Saturday, with a firm delivery deadline of Tuesday, February 19th at 4:00.
- Artists may ship their work to ARTworks Vass, 129 Main Street #152, Vass, NC 28394. The cost of shipping, insurance, and tracking to and from the gallery will be the responsibility of each artist. ARTworks Vass and Gulley's Garden Center will assume no responsibility for lost or damaged artwork.
- Questions about this show, and the parameters detailed above, should be emailed to ARTworks Vass at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The opening for this show will be held on Final Friday, February 22nd, between 5:00 and 8:00, at ARTworks Vass.
- Unsold work may be retrieved from the gallery between Tuesday, March 12th, and Friday, March 18th, between the hours of 11:00 am and 4:00 pm. Unless prior arrangements have been made, or work is being shipped to the artist at his or her cost, work that remains after Friday, March 18th at 4:00 will be disposed of at the gallery's discretion.