8/7/21 - 8/9/21 "Finding Our Flow" An Abstract Journey with Jodi Ohl
Announcing, on August 7th - 9th, the eagerly anticipated multi-day class, "Finding Our Flow" An Abstract Journey with Jodi Ohl!
I think we all can agree that this last year and a half has been a challenge for so many of us. Creating art can be a great way to let go of stress and embrace a sense of flow in not just your creations, but in your everyday life. During this multi-day workshop, we will take a journey into abstract painting using a couple different surfaces, a variety of professional acrylic paint, and endless amounts of mark making tools and supplies.
This course will merge traditional abstract painting with variations of Jodi’s Zen Painting process, which focusses on mark making, line work, patterns and incorporating translucent and opaque paint. You will be encouraged to express yourself using elements of design yet also feel unbridled by the permission to just allow the flow of your muse to guide you along the way.
Color will play a big part of our class, come ready with a few color palette ideas for your main project. Perhaps you are intrigued by the richness of fall colors or jewel tones, or could get lost for days in the colors of the sea, the methods will be similar and adaptable to the palette of your choice.
In addition to creating our flowing abstract designs, we will also incorporate additional mixed media drawing tools such as crayons, colored pencils, paint markers, and more. Take a pause from the chaos of the last year and half and revel in the exploration of abstract painting.
By the end of the weekend, you will be on your way to creating art that has been buried deep down within you.
Supplies: As part of your tuition, most supplies are provided including surfaces to work on, professional paint and drawing tools, and sketch paper for drawing ideas.
Students should bring:
- A selection of brushes both round and flat, and at least one smaller round brush for detail work.
- We will be using Golden fluid paint, Golden High Flow Paint, and a selection of soft body paint. No need to bring your own paint unless you have colors you can’t live without, or wish not to use community paint.
- Palette: I prefer one with a large surface for mixing paint. You can easily create your own by covering a small box with freezer paper.
- Optional journal to paint in, try out ideas, or take notes.
- Students should arrive with a willingness to explore and enjoy the abstract journey!!!!
We will also have a few extra surfaces available for purchase. The surface we will be working on is approximately 16 x 16 for our main project and smaller 6x6 or 8x8 pieces for our warmup work.
- Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am until 4:00 pm with lunch provided.
- Monday, August 9th, 9:00 am until 12 noon with a free optional open studio from noon until 4:00 pm.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who register may participate.
- Face coverings are required throughout the gallery at all times.
- At ARTworks Vass, we practice safe social distancing. Learn more by clicking the "Our Response to covid 19" tab at the top of this page.
- Aprons are not provided. You may bring your own if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.