10/8/21 - Play with Clay - Hand Built Textured Pottery with Jean Skipper
Join Jean Skipper on Friday, October 8th, between 11:00 and 4:00, when she'll lead you in clay handling, slab construction, texturing, and design as you create a One-of-a-Kind North Carolina Pottery Pieces similar to the ones shown in these photos. While the format of this class is flexible, we ask that you allow time in our classroom to complete your projects by 4:00, and that you begin work by no later than 1:00.
Pottery Hearts? Toad, Bird, or Fairy Houses? Dishes? Tumblers? Birds? Critters and Creatures?!?! Yes! The sky is the limit as you form, texture, shape, and embellish these one-of-a-kind pottery creations, and the pieces that you make are sure to be treasured for a lifetime. (They make wonderful gifts too!)
As you register, please remember that size matters.
- Large Pottery Hearts, Houses, Trays, Dishes, Tumblers, Birds, Fish, Critters, and Creatures will count as 1 large piece.
- Small sized items in these categories count as 1 small piece.
- Tiny items may include either cookie-cutter style ornaments or miniature textured ring dishes.
Beginners are welcome, and those age fourteen and older are invited to attend. Parents with younger children may register for 2 class seats together, in order to join them in class.
The all inclusive price of this class includes supplies,tool usage, glaze selection, kiln firing, and instruction.
We are now offering a new glazing process that allows you to personalize your pieces with a multitude of glaze color choices. After your pottery has dried completely and been bisque fired in our kiln, it will come back to the gallery ready for you to glaze. We will call you when your pottery is ready for this step.
Of course, we'll also be happy to glaze your pottery in a single color choice upon request.
Finally, we'll update you again when your pottery is ready for pickup. This entire process can take up to 6 weeks, depending on the humidity level and the time that it takes pottery to thoroughly dry between kiln firings.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who have registered may participate.
- Face coverings are optional at this time, and we'll continue to follow mask guidelines set by the CDC.
- Aprons are not provided. You may bring your own if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.
If you'd like to schedule this class for your group of 5 or more at an alternative date and time, please email info@ARTworksVass.com or call 910-245-4129 for more information.