4/17/21 and 5/15/21 - Make Your Own Handmade Pottery Copper and Wood Windchime - 2 Part Class with Jean Skipper
Express yourself in this two-part class with Jean Skipper!
Join Jean for Part 1 of class on Saturday, April 17th, between 12:00 and 3:00 when she'll lead you in clay handling, slab construction, texturing, and design as you create three ornaments that will be used as focal components in your Windchime. Crosses are just one possibility, and a variety of cutters in other shapes, including hearts, stars, and more, will be available for your use. During the remainder of this class session, you'll also begin to construct the copper components of your chime.
Then during Part 2 of class, on May 15th, between 12:00 and 3:00, you'll be reunited with your glazed and fired pottery components, and Jean will lead you as you finish assembling your Windchime.
Your One-of-a-Kind North Carolina Pottery Chime will be similar to the one shown in these photos, with oodles of latitude for you to add your unique perspective to your finished piece. The sky is the limit as you form, texture, shape, and embellish these treasures. The pieces that you make are sure to become family heirlooms, and they make wonderful gifts too!
Beginners are welcome, and those age fourteen and older are invited to attend. Parents with younger children may register for 2 class seats together, in order to join them in class.
The all inclusive price of this class includes supplies,tool usage, glaze selection, kiln firing, and instruction.
We are now offering two glazing options with all of our Pottery Classes. They are as follows:
- The first will allow you to select a single glaze color per piece during class. Your pottery pieces will then be dried, cleaned, kiln fired, glazed by the instructor, dried, and kiln fired again before your second class session.
- The second will allow you to glaze your own pottery. After your first class session, your pieces will be dried and kiln fired. When they're back in the gallery, you'll be notified that pottery is ready for glazing, and you'll be invited to join us for a Glazing Session. After glazing, pottery will be dried and kiln fired again, and it will be back in the classroom in time for your second and final class session. The final photo in this listing shows just a sample of the glaze variety that's available for your use.
If you have any questions about our glazing options, please contact us at 910-245-4129 or info@ARTworksVass.com.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who have registered may participate.
- Face coverings are required throughout the gallery at all times.
- At ARTworks Vass, we practice safe social distancing. Learn more by clicking the "Our Response to covid 19" tab at the top of this page.
- Aprons are not provided. You may bring your own if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.
If you'd like to schedule this class for your group of 5 or more at an alternative date and time, please email info@ARTworksVass.com or call 910-245-4129 for more information.