9/25/21 Scrappy Quilt As You Go Placemats - Simply Sewing with Colleen Phillips
Is your Grandmother's sewing machine sitting your closet just waiting for a little love?
Were you proficient in sewing back in the day, and you'd like to begin again?
Or are you a more accomplished quilter or seamstress who would like to create in community with friends?
Whatever your story, you're going to love our new "Simply Sewing with Colleen" series of classes!
Join Colleen Phillips on Saturday, Sept. 25th from 9:00 to 12:00 for the first class in this series. She'll teach you to make these simple placemats. You'll have fun while you're doing it, using the "Quilt As You Go" method. It's a quick and easy process of sewing scraps of material together, while also directly attaching the backing material as you go.
Colleen provides an enormous amount of 100% Machine Washable Cotton Fabric Strips from which you may choose, and you'll finish your two placemats with a strip of binding material.
This class is an excellent way to jump into sewing!
You'll bring your own sewing machine, at least 2 bobbins, and 2 spools of either black or white thread. (Feel free to bring other thread colors that you just can't live without!)
- You need to bring your own machine.
- Your machine must be in working order. (Don't forget to bring the electrical cord!)
- You must know the basics of how to use your machine. If you haven't used it in a while, please come about 30 minutes early to set up and refresh.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who register may participate.
- Aprons are not provided. You may bring your own if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
If you have a sewing machine that you've never used, and you don't know where to begin... if you don't have a working sewing machine... or if you'd like to chat with someone to see if this class is a good fit for you... conact us at 910-245-4129 or info@artworksvass,com to discuss your individual situation.
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.
If you'd like to schedule this class for your group of 6 or more at an alternative date and time, please email info@ARTworksVass.com or call 910-245-4129 for more information.