- Classes and Events
- 5/31/23 - Painting Fabric with Alcohol and Ink with Stacey Mataxis Whitlow
5/31/23 - Painting Fabric with Alcohol and Ink with Stacey Mataxis Whitlow
Join Stacey on Wednesday, May 31st from 5:30 to 8:30 pm to introduce yourself to the mindful world of fabric painting with alcohol and ink. You have to hand this one over to the universe and literally go with the flow. Make yourself (or an important woman in your life) a wearable scarf. We will talk about mixing colors and show samples of how different patterns have traditionally behaved during this process. You will be given a chance to practice on fabric first before beginning your own project. The class comes with all the materials you will make one large silky scarf.
This workshop will provide a safe space for quiet reflection, peaceful creation, and mindfulness. Fabric arts have been used for mindfulness and meditation for centuries.
No artistic skill is necessary, as art for health and well-being is ALL about the process and losing yourself in the moment.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who have registered may participate.
- Bring an apron if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
- Click here to read the ARTworks Vass Disclosure and Liability Waiver for All Classes and Events
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.
If you'd like to schedule this class for your group of 6 or more at an alternative date and time, please email info@ARTworksVass.com or call 910-245-4129 for more information.