10/2/23 - 3 Class Series - Wheel Throwing Pottery for the Novice Potter with Beth Roy
Join Beth Roy for this Wheel Throwing Pottery class designed specifically for the Novice potter.
Have you taken a few wheel classes already?
Can you center a pound of clay in under a minute?
Do you want to learn more about trimming bottoms and attaching handles and custom glazing techniques?
If so, join Beth in the ARTworks Vass Pottery Studio at 5:30 pm on:
- Monday, Oct. 2nd, where you will throw three decent size pieces, working on your technique with Beth's guidance.
- Thursday, Oct. 5th, when your thrown pieces will be leather hard and ready for trimming and attaching handles and other embellishments.
- Wednesday, Oct. 25th, after your pieces have dried and been bisque fired, you will clean and glaze your projects.
Important Information About This Class
This class meets on 3 different occasions. This will be no make up times for missed classes.
Dress comfortably and casually as pottery throwing tends to be a messy endeavor. Bring an apron if you'd like to wear one.
Trim your fingernails before class. While short nails aren't required, we find that it's a bit easier to throw pottery with them.
To allow the most individualized attention possible, class size is limited to 5 students, 1 per wheel.
The all inclusive price of this class includes all clay supplies, tool usage, glaze selection, 2 kiln firings, and instruction.
But I Want More!
Two of the most common things that we hear at the end of a wheel throwing class are, "I was just getting the hang of it!" and "I don't want to stop throwing!", and we love this enthusiasm!
We have several solutions for this:
- Enroll in another session with Beth to build on your newly established skills.
- Apply for a Pottery Membership at ARTworks Vass. Monthly membership will provide you with access to our studio for independent study at your convenience, tool and wheel use, bisque firing, glaze, glaze firing, and 10 pounds of clay each month.
Beginners, and adults with all levels of experience, are welcome to participate, As for Children under age 15, Wheel Throwing requires more hand, wrist, arm, and upper body strength and coordination than most children possess. With this in mind, if you feel that your child may be an exception to this, we'll be happy to consult with you about your particular situation. Please contact us before registering.
Other Important Information:
- At ARTworks Vass, you're always welcome to bring your own Nibbles and Sips to class! (Bonus points if you bring extra to share!)
- Registration allows for one person per class project.
- Only registered guests may attend class.
- Dress to mess or bring an apron.
- Class starts promptly so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
Register online here, or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your seat in class.