By Invitation Only - Tuesday - 11/28/23 Sandhills Horticultural Society Presents Live Wreath Making with Jean Skipper and Lori Meltzer at Sandhills Horticultural Gardens
This listing is now open for Guests who joined us for Live Wreath Making in 2022, and also to Members of the Sandhills Horticultural Society. If you're a member of one of these groups, please proceed with your registration.
If you're not a member of one of these groups, on September 15th this listing will be made public, and remaining Live Wreath Making Sessions will be available to all. Please check back on the 15th to register.
Establish a new tradition as you create a One-of-a-Kind Live Wreath, and memories to last a lifetime, with Jean Skipper, Lori Meltzer, and Friends at Sandhills Horticultural Gardens!
Will your wreath be wild and wooly or reserved and elegant?!?
Will you display it on a wall or as part of the centerpiece on your dining room table?
The choices are all yours!
Wreath Making will be held on Monday and Tuesday, November 27th and 28th, beginning at 9:00 AM and will continue by appointment throughout the day. Use this listing to register to make a Live Wreath on Tuesday, November 28th.
Jean, Lori, and their Friends will break down the process into manageable steps, and you'll be proud and amazed by your finished results.
All supplies are included.
Beginners are welcome, and those age 14 and older may register to make their own wreath.
For your GPS, this class will be held at Sandhills Horticultural Gardens, 3245 Airport Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374.
Options for Completed Wreaths
- Our Large Sized Wreath, priced at $89, measures between 22 and 25 inches, and it will fit comfortably on a standard household door.
- Our Super Sized Wreath, priced at $129 and available this year by popular demand, measures up to 36 inches across. This size is perfectly suited for display above a fireplace or on a large interior or exterior wall.
- All wreathes contain a base layer of local ethically harvested evergreens, plus your choice of specialty botanicals, pine cones, seed pods, and other surprises.
Create Up to 3 Single Bouquet Swags at a Discount with Wreath Registration
- You may make up to 3 additional Single Bouquet Swags with each Wreath Making Registration. Single Bouquet Swags are generally priced at $24, and they'll be discounted to $15 each if you add them to your order when submitting your registration here. Swags make a beautiful addition to a door, fence post, wall, or even a vase or vessel!
You're welcome to bring the following:
- Comfortable Clothing that's appropriate for the weather and work. While wreath making will happen under a tent, prepare for chilly weather just in case.
- An Apron.
- Pruning Sheers.
- Leather Gloves or Gardening Gloves.
- Greenery and Botanicals from your own garden. We love these sentimental touches!
- Embellishments, including feathers, Christmas Bulbs, and almost anything else that you can imagine!
At a cost of $89 or $129, you'll have the opportunity to finish 1 Live Wreath per appointment that you schedule. Reservations are non refundable.
Only registered guests may attend and participate, and you may book additional sessions if you'd like to make extra wreaths.
An appointment is required to make a wreath, and walk-ins on the day of class will be only be permitted as space allows due to cancelations.
This class with ARTworks Vass on The Road is being sponsored by the Sandhills Horticultural Society and the cost of your attendance helps to support their mission. If you'd like to partner with ARTworks Vass for an event at your location, call 910-245-4129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details.
*** The photos shown here are samples of Live Wreaths that have been made at past events. Each year brings new and different creations, and we're confident that your finished wreath will be as unique as you are!