By Invitation Only - 4/21 - 4/27 2024 ReMe ReMix on Ocracoke Island!
This listing is reserved for Guests who were with us for ReMe ReMix on Ocracoke Island is 2023. If space remains after about a week, we'll proceed to ReMe Alumni, and those on our waiting list. If space remains after that, they'll be offered publicly.
If you're interested in joining us at ReMe, and you're not already on our waiting list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, cell number, email address, and the number of guests in your party.
Welcome to "ReMe ReMix"! The next generation of our beloved ReMe Retreats on Ocracoke Island!
Now in it's 2nd year, ReMe ReMix remains more of an Open Studio Vacation with your fellow Artists, and not an organized instructional retreat where every minute is scheduled and planned. With one twist! By popular demand we've added two Optional Workshops. They're detailed below, and neither is required or included in ReMe ReMix. We encourage you to make the selections that are best for you, especially if you'd prefer no formal instruction, and more hours to work, rest, or play independently.
Our home for ReMe ReMix will be our beloved Soundfront Inn on Ocracoke Island.
After you read through all of this, if you have any questions, please email Jean directly at email@example.com, or text her at 910-528-1109.
Details about ReMe ReMix follow:
- Our time together will include arrival in the early evening on Sunday, April 21st, and departure after breakfast on Saturday, April 27th.
- Breakfasts are included.
- Coffee, tea, and spa water are included.
- Lunch is included.
- There is no organized instruction or classes included.
- Instead your ReMe Team will be working beside you, and liberally sharing anything that you'd like to know about our practices. While no formal instruction is provided, we'll be available to help you in any way possible with projects in our mediums.
- Impromptu tutorials are a definite possibility, as are demonstrations led by any guest who's interested.
- We'll work independently on our personal Art Projects... or not! The choices of how to spend time on Ocracoke are all yours.
- Happy Hour and Dinners will be a la carte, and at an additional cost. All who are interested will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant each day, while others will have full use of our kitchen for meal prep.
- Our beloved ReMe Gift-a-thon will be held, and all attendees are invited to join the fun by bringing small gifts for each of their fellow guests. (More details about this will be provided after registration.)
- A few special ReMe and Ocracoke Island Traditions will be included in our plans.
- And our "Studio" for the week will be a bonus room, with a wall of windows and the most beautiful view of the sound. We'll work communally on a long vintage wooden table there...fully extended... with all of its leaves... and we'll add extra folding tables as needed.
- Cost for the full ReMe ReMix experience is $1,499.
ReMe Remix will provide you with time. Time to spend with your fellow Artists, and time for independent study, naps, wandering, yoga, massages, and the beach. We'll enjoy dining out at the fabulous restaurants on Ocracoke for dinner, and this plan opens up the possibility of enjoying live music, art classes on the Island, optional boat tours, Portsmouth visits and more.
Space is strictly limited, and it will be claimed in the order that reservations are received.
Optional Class Details
OPTION I - Creating with Precious Metal Clay with Debbie and Jean (9:00 12:00 and 1:00 - 4:00, on Monday, April 28th - $175)
At your request, we'll be creating with Precious Metal Clay this year at ReMe! Metal Clay comes by the gram in a small package, and it handles like a heavy form of regular clay. We'll shape it, texture it, and cut it to form charms, connectors, and/or clasps. Once our components are fully formed, we'll dry them thoroughly then fire them twice in our kiln. (That's right. Twice!) During kiln firing, all binders will burn away from the clay, and we'll be left with pure copper or silver components.
Instruction in Metal Clay will be provided on Monday, beginning at 9:00 am, by Debbie and Jean, and our kiln will be fired for the first time as soon as enough work is in place to fill it. During class, each guest can expect to create 2 pairs of earrings, an earring and pendant set, or a variety of charms for use in future projects. Additional metal clay and supplies will be available for purchase for more elaborate projects.
Throughout the week during Open Studios, guests may continue to use our tools to create and fire their Metal Clay projects. Our kiln will be fired for the final time on Thursday evening, providing Friday for finishing touches.
25 grams of Copper Clay is included in class, and extra Copper Metal Clay will be available for purchase on Ocracoke. If you'd prefer to upgrade to Silver Precious Metal Clay for your projects, you may do so at a cost of $65 for a 15 gram package. Please note that only clay sourced from Debbie and Jean may be fired in our onsite kiln.
OPTION II - Oil Painting with Beth Roy (Wednesdsay and Thursday, April 30 and May 1, 9:00 - 12:00 - $159)
Again at your request, Beth Roy will be leading guests in a 2 session workshop series called Oil Painting on Ocracoke. These 3 hour sessions will begin on Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 9:00.
This class is appropriate for guests with all levels of experience, and beginners are welcome. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own supplies, and a list of the materials and tools needed will be provided in early 2024. For those who'd prefer, Beth will be happy to provide supplies for you to use in class at a cost of $75.
This class will focus heavily on the fundamentals of painting, including composition, values, color theory, plus many other helpful tips. It will also focus on the unique properties of oil paints, and the many ways that you can use it to your best advantage. Guests in attenance will explore, learn from their mistakes and discover new techniques and tricks.
Jean, Debbie, and Beth will be present throughout ReMe ReMix after their classes to consult or critique your work-in-process upon request,
Please remember that these class sessions are completely optional. There's no pressure to register for either of them. And a ReMe ReMix filled with Open Studio Your Way is a-okay with us!
We hope to see you soon at ReMe ReMix on Ocracoke! If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Jean Skipper at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 910-528-1109.