Art Journal with Stacey Mataxis Whitlow on Monday, March 4th from 5:30 to 8:30 at ARTworks Vass! Beginners are welcome, and those age 14 and older are permitted to register for this class.
You’ve likely heard of the expression “a picture is worth a thousand words.” Art journaling will help us find the words. Rather than using words only, art journaling invites you to express yourself through imagery, color, and form. Or you can simply use your art journal as a vessel for play and relaxation.
We will explore different ways of working in your art journal for self-expression and self-care. This is a safe space for reflection, creative experimentation, play and self-acceptance through journaling and creativity. We will develop our creative muscles so that we may call on these skills to support our mental health and well-being. No artistic skill is necessary as art journaling for health and well-being is about the process. While a multimedia journal is suggested for this class and your ongoing practice, multimedia paper and all the supplies you will need will be provided for creating during class.
Optional: A multimedia sketchbook $25
Other Important Information:
- At ARTworks Vass, you're always welcome to bring your own Nibbles and Sips. (Bonus points if you bring extra to share!)
- Registration allows for one person per class project.
- Only registered guests may attend class.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
- Class starts promptly as scheduled.
- Dress to mess or bring an apron.
- Click here to read the ARTworks Vass Disclosure and Liability Waiver for All Classes and Events
Register online here or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.
Click here to request more information about scheduling this class for your group of 6 or more at an alternative date and time.