9/20/19 Alternative Painting and Mini Metalsmithing - After School Arty Party with Angela Price and Jean Skipper
Celebrate the first half day of school with an afternoon of creating in two separate classes at ARTworks Vass!
Between 1:00 and 3:00, Angela Price will lead guests in creating their own one-of-a-kind masterpieces using Alternative Painting Techniques. The sky is the limit with this innovative approach to painting, and your children are sure to enjoy the artistic freedom that they'll experience in this class.
Then, after a brief break between classes when light snacks and drinks will be served, from 3:00 until 5:00, guests will join Jean Skipper in the classroom for an afternoon of Mini Metalsmithing. We'll play with Pennies and explore a user-friendly means of moving metal to create a series of our very own full color images on steel.
From safe tool usage to metal preparation... from flinging paint with abandon to adding finishing details... guests will receive easy-to-follow-instructions and hands-on assistance during every step of the way.
The cost of both of these classes will be $48 per guest, and an early-bird special is now in effect. This amount includes all supplies for Alternative Painting, all supplies for Mini Metalsmithing, light snacks, and a drink.
While we're reluctant to place an age limit on our classes for children, because of the length of this session, we suggest a minimum age of five years old. We want your loved ones to have the best possible creative experience possible, and with this in mind, please consider the following:
- This special half day session will last for a total of four hours.
- A parent or caretaker is welcome to attend class to help children with their projects.
- There will be no charge for this adult's attendance, unless they elect to complete the project for themselves too. (Grown ups like to create too!)
- Children attending class without an adult should be able to manage their behavior independently both in the classroom and in the bathroom.
- Before leaving your children in our care for the duration of class, please be sure to check in with the instructor in attendance, and complete the requested disclosure including emergency contact information.
This class will build your children's confidence and love of art, while encouraging them to make memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.
Due to the preparation required for this extended session, reservations are required, and registration will close 48 hours before class begins. Please reserve your seat online, or call us at 910-245-4129 to save your space in class.