1/18 - 1/20/20 Jingly Jangly Precious Metal Clay Bracelet with Debbie Keen and Jean Skipper
Join Jean Skipper and Debbie Keen in their first joint teaching effort as you create a beautiful One-of-a-Kind Fine Silver and Sterling Silver Bracelet filled with Individual Handmade Charms, Layered Charms, at least one Stone-Set Charm, and an Oversized Toggle Clasp. These treasures will be complemented by your choice of beads and silk for a jingly jangly treasure that will bring a smile to your face every time that you wear it.
Why Jingly Jangly?
Jingly Jangly is our best description of the sweet sound that your finished bracelet will make when you wear it.
What is Precious Metal Clay?
In our own words, it's Magic, and as close to alchemy as we can imagine! Precious Metal Clay is a material that you form and texture like you would a traditional clay. Then, when you fire each piece, the binders in the clay burn away leaving metal in its purest form.
According to the manufacturer, it's "... a precious metal powder used to form a precious metal article, the material consists of microscopic particles of pure silver or fine gold and a water-soluble, non-toxic, organic binder that burns off during firing."
For the purpose of this class, we'll be using Fine Silver. The cost of it is a bit higher than other forms of Precious Metal Clay; but the results are beyond compare, and we feel that it's worth the investment.
What's Included in this Class?
- Class Instruction with Debbie and Jean on Saturday from 9:00 until 4:00.
- Class Instruction with Debbie and Jean on Sunday from 9:00 until 4:00.
- Class and Open Studio Finishing Time with Debbie and Jean on Monday from 9:00 until 1:00.
- A $150 Kit Fee, including 50 Grams of Precious Metal Clay in Fine Silver, 1 Stone for Setting, Sterling Silver Chain Links, Sterling Silver Wire, Fine Silver Wire, Silk Ribbon, Glass and Other Beads. (Handmade Lampwork Beads, Clay Beads, Cultured Pearls, and Swarovski Crystal Beads will be available for sale during class. Additional Precious Metal Clay will also be available for sale during our time together.)
- The Use of Shared Tools
- Kiln Firing onsite during this class.
- Lunch During Class Each Day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Snacks, Coffee, Tea, and Water Each Day in the Classroom
- Lots of Love, Attention, and Laughter is guaranteed!
What will I leave class with?
- A One-of-a-Kind Handmade Fine Silver and Sterling Silver Charm Bracelet.
What additional things will I need to provide?
- Lodging (We'll be happy to help you secure lodging as needed.)
- You're also welcome to bring your favorite beads to incorporate into your finished piece, and tools for your personal use.
Register early, as space is limited. Please contact us if you have any questions, and we hope to see you soon at ARTworks Vass!