Private Party - There's No Place Like Home! Pottery Houses with Jean Skipper
Jean Skipper will happily host your group of 6 or more as you express yourself while you create your very own Pottery Houses that are as unique as you are! Contact us at email@example.com or 910-245-4129 with the specifics of your request.
There's no place like home! And you'll create your own Handmade Miniature Pottery House in this class with Jean Skipper. She'll lead you in clay handling, slab construction, texturing, and design as you create your Handmade One-of-a-Kind North Carolina Pottery House similar to the ones shown in these photos.
State your intentions. Highlight your family name or address. Or embrace design and texture and skip the words. The choices are all yours!
If 1 just isn't enough, an extra may also be created at an additional cost. This option is available only at the time of registration, and up to 1 extra House per guest may be made in a single class session.
** This project is appropriate for beginners and guests of all ages!
** Options are available only at the time of registration.
The sky is the limit as you form, texture, shape, and embellish these treasures, and the pieces that you make are sure to become family heirlooms. (They make wonderful gifts too!)
Beginners are welcome, and those age fourteen and older are invited to attend. Parents with younger children may register for 2 class seats together, in order to join them in class.
The all inclusive price of this class includes supplies, tool usage, glaze selection, kiln firing, and instruction.
We are now offering two glazing options with all of our Pottery Classes. They are as follows:
- The first will allow you to select a single glaze color during class. Pottery pieces will then be dried, cleaned, kiln fired, glazed by the instructor, dried, and kiln fired again. When this process is complete, within 4 weeks, you'll be notified to pickup your finished pieces.
- The second will allow you to glaze their pottery yourself. After class, your pieces will be dried and kiln fired. When they're back in the gallery, you'll be notified that pottery is ready for glazing, and you'll be invited to join us for a Glazing Session. After glazing, pottery will be dried and kiln fired again, and you'll be notified when it's back in the gallery for pickup. (The final photo here shows just a few of the glaze colors that will be available to you.)
If you have any questions about our glazing options, please contact us at 910-245-4129 or info@ARTworksVass.com.
In either case, we'll update you again when your pottery is ready for pickup.
Other Important Information:
- Registration allows for 1 person per class. Only those who have registered may participate.
- Aprons are not provided. You may bring your own if you wish.
- Class starts promptly, so be sure to arrive on time.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
At ARTworks Vass, we encourage you to bring your artful heart along with nibbles and sips to make your experience more joyful.