JOIN OUR WAITLIST - Make Lampwork Beads with Debbie Keen - Glass in Vass!
Thanks for all who made our first ever Glass in Vass in November 2023 a smashing success!
We're hopeful that we'll schedule Lampwork Glass Bead Making Classes with Debbie Keen again in 2024. Add this no cost listing to your bag, and proceed with checkout, to be added to our waiting list for these classes. Past Students, and Guests who appear on our waitlist will receive early notice when we begin accepting registrations.
Please read below for general information about Debbie's workshop, and thank you for your patience with this process!
Establish a new tradition as you create One-of-a-Kind Lampwork Glass Beads in a flame with Debbie Keen! You'll make beautiful beads, and memories to last a lifetime. Debbie lives in Southern Pines. During this workshop experience, she'll break down the lampwork process into manageable steps, and you'll be proud and amazed by your finished results.
Debbie Keen’s art is born at the intersection of lampworking and jewelry design. Lampworking makes use of a torch to melt glass. Once in a molten state, the glass is blown, shaped, and embellished. She uses only the finest, imported glass rods that are warmed into molten states, then manipulated into beads and adorned with smaller threads of glass to create rich textures.
Each glass bead can stand alone in its beauty, and Debbie joins them with the highest quality Sterling Silver, Swarovski Crystals, Cultured Pearls, Gemstones, and other Treasures in her work to create her wearable art known as The Keen Collection.
What You Should Know to Make Glass with Us
If you decide to make Blown Glass, Lampwork Glass, or Stained Glass with us, please note the following:
- Space will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis, and we expect that sessions will sell out quickly.
- Register early to save your seat in class.
- Guests age 14 and older are welcome to participate, and we ask that they be accompanied by a parent who is also registered for class.
- Glass blowing for younger children may be available when we establish our permanent studio. If your child is younger than 14, and if they absolutely positively must make glass with us right now, please email us at email@example.com with the specifics of your situation, and we'll do our best to make special accommodations for you.
- All who are making glass are required to dress in cotton or clothing made of other natural fibers, and they should wear long sleeves, long pants, and closed toe shoes.
- Plan to arrive, and register in the studio, at least 10 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you arrive late, your experience will be shorter than the time alotted for it.
- All supplies are included.
- Beads made during this workshop, will be slow cooled (annealed) to strengthen them, and they'll be ready for pickup a day after class. We'll also be happy to mail your finished beads to you at a cost of $5.
- Beginners are welcome.
- Click here to read the ARTworks Vass Disclosure and Liability Waiver for All Classes and Events
For your GPS, this class will be held at 129 Main Street, Vass, NC 28394. Parking is available in front of our building, behind our building, at the Rescue Squad on the corner beside Crossroads Coffee, and at the Vass Town Hall on Alma Street. Additional parking may also be available in the area. (Please do not park on the sidewalk or in the road on Alma Street, as cars in this area may be ticketed or towed.)
Thank you for your interest and your support of Glass in Vass and ARTworks Vass! If you have any questions about this event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910-245-4129.