JOIN OUR WAITLIST - Make Your Own Blown Glass Ornament with Wayne Manning - Glass in Vass!
Thanks for all who made our first ever Glass in Vass in November 2023 a smashing success!
With a goal of establishing our permanent Hot Glass Studio at ARTworks Vass in the next year, we'll be scheduling Glass Blowing Classes with Wayne again in 2024. Add this no cost listing to your bag, and proceed with checkout, to be added to our waiting list for these classes. Past Students, and Guests who appear on our waitlist will receive early notice when we begin accepting registrations.
Please read below for general information about Wayne's workshop, and thank you for your patience with this process!
Establish a new tradition as you create One-of-a-Kind Round Blown Glass Ornament with Wayne Manning. You'll make an heirloom ornament, and perhaps more importantly, you'll make memories to last a lifetime!
This workshop experience will take place at ARTworks Vass in our Glass House. Reservations will be required for these classes, as we expect them o sell-out quickly.
During this workshop experience, Wayne will break down the Glass Blowing process into manageable steps, and you'll be proud and amazed by your finished results.
Wayne is a Glass Artist who lives in Vass, NC. He's also the Art Teacher at Union Pines High School. His passion is glass blowing and he plans to share it with us in future ARTworks Vass classes. You can find Wayne's Blown Glass Hearts, Stars, Starfish, Pumpkins, Everyday Ornaments and Christmas Ornaments in the gallery. His Custom Ornaments for 2023, are available on our Glass in Vass Page, and you may click here to proceed directly to that listing.
What You Should Know to Make Glass with Us
If you decide to make Blown Glass, Lampwork Glass, or Stained Glass with us, please note the following:
- Space will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis, and we expect to sell out.
- Register early to save your seat in class.
- Guests age 14 and older are welcome to participate, and we ask that they be accompanied by a parent.
- Glass blowing for younger children will be available when we establish our permanent studio. If your child is younger than 14, and if they absolutely positively must make glass with us right now, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the specifics of your situation, and we'll do our best to make special acccommodations for you.
- All who are making glass are required to dress in cotton or clothing made of other natural fibers, and they should wear long sleeves, long pants, and closed toed shoes.
- Plan to arrive, and register in the studio, at least 10 minutes before your scheduled start time. If you arrive late, your experience will be shorter than the time allowed for it.
- All supplies are included.
- Ornaments made during this workshop, will be slow cooled (annealed) to strengthen them, and they'll be ready for pickup a day after class. We'll also be happy to arrange shipping for you at an additional cost.
- Beginners are welcome.
For your GPS, this class will be held at 129 Main Street, Vass, NC 28394. Parking is available in front of our building, behind our building, at the Rescue Squad on the corner beside Crossroads Coffee, and at the Vass Town Hall on Alma Street. Additional parking may also be available in the area. (Please do not park on the sidewalk or in the road on Alma Street, as cars in this area may be ticketed or towed.)
Thank you for your interest and your support of Glass in Vass and ARTworks Vass! If you have any questions about this event, please email us at email@example.com or call 910-245-4129.